Tuesday, September 14, 2004

It's the New Year. What do you give to ...

I was debating with myself, What can one give as a present to someone that has everything, really really almost everything.



Luckily, around the forty corners

of the world some friends were sharing my distress.

So now I know, the best gift would be the compact empathy blocker. More efficient than any check-points, less expensive than any Walllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll



Above all - it's worldwide effective.



"...That's what I dreamt about.

While touring the respiratory ward of a filthy hospital with many miserable looking patients ready to die, I would try to speak only to be prevented by a piercing lung pain or excessive phlegm, and dark fluid gushing out of my mouth; or the perceptible feel of a sudden collapse of portions of my lung coupled with the sort of panic that would effectively prevent me from uttering a single word.

Then the fellow walking with me calmly directed me to a room and sat me on a chair. The room was clean and well lit, and had a purple sliding door. He began to play with the door and each time the door separated me from the ward, I felt I had my voice back.

Sliding the door open again would simply make me lose my voice. He grinned mischievously and said, "What do you think of our new sliding empathy blocker? The latest model! And I woke up murmuring, "now, that's what I really need... a portable empathy blocker!"

(c) http://broodingpersian.blogspot.com

Happy New Year!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read it in Polish;in Hungarian;

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear Corinna. Oh, you may know that I've always followed your posts and enjoyed them too much but I hadn't the chance to take part actively here.

    Well, what I wanted to say is that: 1) Happy birthday Corinna. I hope the best, loveliest days in the years coming for you and your family, and; 2) I'd like to be a member of your team. You know, my Persian isn't that bad afetr all :)

    Again, happy birthday :)

    Your friend, Mehdi, from SleepWalker

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many thanks, So much gratitude...

    ReplyDelete

lurching is sexy