Sunday, April 25, 2004

It's so easy to conquer the world ...

without a single shot...

Some time ago I discovered a site named The Small World Project and wrote about it.

The theory is that there are only six degrees of separation between people. Going from person to person, on the sixth attempt you'll find someone who knows you.

On the net it takes less than that:

Looking at my weblog's site meter report and the comments I found the footsteps of "Lightness of being".

A most intelligent and sensitive blog created by a young Polish lady.

To this moment I know little of Natalia, I only knew that Erga, a highly esteemed documetary films producer and director, is this week in Warsaw, Poland, where four of those documentaries are screened at the Jewish Film Festival. In one of them I'm filmed as well.

Coming home late tonight I found a message from Erga on the answering machine: Natalia is sitting next to her, at the film festival...

Here is Natalia's comment:

I just cannot collect my thoughts, please excuse if they are chaotic, they must be as today something absolutely amazing happened... I went to the cinema, I love cinema, so this is not quite original that the Saturady evening I would spend there. I saw two documentary films, definitely brilliant ones... But what
a remarkable surprise they brought, it is so amazing... "Corinna the author" it stated there... Corinna, Corinna... The film was shot in 1988, so probably you didn't yet use the surname "The
Woman Writer"...

After the screening I ran to the film director and asked him whether this Corinna doesn't today appear as Hasofferett... Oh yes, she does, how do you know? I told him the story, then he said, oh that's so amazing, let me introduce you to somebody...
Erga...

This is how I became acquainted with your daughter. She is absolutely adorable, and beautiful...
Tomorrow there will be another screening of the films. Certainly I am going there...


There might be a multitude of people out there, reaching out in spirit. Even if we do not know each other by name, it's good to sense you exist.



Read it in Russian;in Hungarian;

No comments:

Post a Comment

lurching is sexy